Rules of the British Lymphoma Pathology Group
- The name of the Group is British Lymphoma Pathology Group
- The objectives of the group are:
- To advance knowledge of malignant lymphomas by discussion, education and the holding of meetings
- To collect sums of money in order to further the above objective by receiving royalties, donations and subscriptions, and by any other proper means
- There will be a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer of the Group, plus two Trustees
- The above officers shall hold office for three years. Any vacancy in such offices shall be filled by resolution of an Annual General Meeting
- There shall be an Annual General Meeting of the Group for which there shall be not less than 30 days notice
- At the Annual General Meeting every member including the Chairman shall have one vote and in the case of equality of votes the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote
- The group shall meet two times per annum and additionally as required and shall appoint a Chairman to preside at such meetings. Every member including the Chairman shall have one vote and in the case of equality of votes the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote. Failure to attend at least one meeting per annum will be assumed to be a resignation from the Group unless adequate reasons are given
- All sums collected shall be handed over to the Treasurer, who shall pay the same into a bank account in the name of the Group at the Liverpool City Business Centre branch of Barclays bank. Cheques shall be signed by one of the Trustees and one of the Group’s officers. The Treasurer shall present an audited set of accounts at the Annual General Meeting
- The Trustees shall invest in the name of the Group monies not required for the immediate purposes of the Group in securities, in which trust money may by law be invested with power from time to time to transpose such investment
- Any property purchased by the Group shall be vested in the Trustees
- Membership of the group shall be restricted to suitably qualified persons with specialised knowledge in reactive and neoplastic conditions affecting the lymphoreticular system and such a member shall provide evidence of knowledge in these matters acceptable to the Group
- Membership of the Group shall be limited only by practical considerations regarding organisation of meetings and communication agreed by the officers
- Applicants for membership must be nominated and seconded in eachcase by existing members of the Group and the nominee shall be subject to the same terms and conditions as existing members of the Group
- Each member shall pay an annual membership subscription to the Treasurer on or before the 1st Mayeach year, the first subscription payment falling due on the 1st May following acceptance into membership. The sumshall be £25 per annum, thereafter being such an amount as shall be agreed at the Group’s Annual General Meeting
- The Trustees shall, with such consent as is required by law, deal with the property so vested in them by way of sale, mortgage, charge, lease or otherwise howsoever directed by the Group. Such direction shall be given by a Resolution of members of the Group passed by a majority of the members present at a duly convened meeting of the Group. When so passed, this shall be binding upon all members of the Group in favour of a subsequent purchaser, mortgagee, chargee, lessee or grantee. A certificate purporting to be signed by the Secretary for the time being of the Group shall, in favour of a purchaser, mortgagee, chargee, lessee or grantee be conclusive evidence that such direction was duly given
- These rules, other than Rule 2 and this Rule, may be altered, repealed or added to by a Resolution passed by a three-fourths majority of members of the Group who are present in person or by proxy at a Special General Meeting convened for that purpose and of which notice shall be served upon every member of the Group at his or her last known address in the United Kingdom
Last modified – 7/23/2010, 9:57 AM
How to get in touch
We would love to hear from you.
However, please note that for questions about your current membership, events and similar comments, you should log in and post your question on the forum and we will reply as soon as we can.
The contact form is best used for any other issues you may have, either with the site or more general questions about the BLPG.
Contact on the form
Please complete the form with as much detail as possible. We may take a little time to get back to you, but we promise to respond as soon as we can.